MAHLE MOTORSPORT POWERPAK INVERTED DOME PISTONS: LS1/LS2/LS6 ENGINE APPLICATIONS
Every MAHLE Motorsport piston is machined to exacting tolerances with focused attention given to the radial flatness of the ring grooves. A flat ring groove is essential in achieving and maintaining the best seal possible. The quality of the ring grooves is so critical to peak and lasting performance, that MAHLE designed and built the machinery used to machine the ring grooves for its Motorsport piston assemblies. Combined with ultra flat MAHLE rings that are included in every PowerPak piston kit, MAHLE delivers the formula for the best sealing power cell on the market.
PowerPak pistons are predominantly made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances and improved temperature stability. Each kit is complete with a set of 1.5 mm, 1.5 mm, 3.0 mm high performance rings.
Features of the Mahle MS Piston Set GM LS 347ci:
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal® anti-Friction coating on skirts*
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling**
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- Hand deburred
- High strength, light weight German steel pins
- Race-proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pack
- Light weight slipper skirt forgings
- *MAHLE’s GRAFAL® skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
**Phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the MAHLE piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.
- 3.908-inch bore
- 3.622-inch stroke
- 6.125-inch connecting rod
- .927-inch piston pin
- -16cc inverted dome
- 408 grams
- Application: LS1/LS2/LS6 Engines
- Part Number: LS1314908I16, Mahle MS Piston Set GM LS 347ci 3.908in Bore 3.622stk 6.125in Rod 0.927 Pin -16cc 8.9 CR Set of 8
- Retails for: $799.51